1. 08 Oct, 2012 1 commit
  2. 05 Oct, 2012 1 commit
  3. 02 Oct, 2012 4 commits
  4. 28 Sep, 2012 2 commits
  5. 27 Sep, 2012 3 commits
  6. 26 Sep, 2012 2 commits
  7. 25 Sep, 2012 1 commit
  8. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
  9. 21 Sep, 2012 1 commit
  10. 19 Sep, 2012 1 commit
  11. 18 Sep, 2012 2 commits
  12. 12 Sep, 2012 2 commits
  13. 05 Sep, 2012 6 commits
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Rework CLI modules and tests · 51000365
      Iustin Pop authored
      While investigating how we could test the Daemon.hs module, I realised
      that we have a very, erm, sub-optimal situation:
      
      - HTools/CLI.hs has a nice IO/pure separation testing in cmdline
        parsing, which allows some basic functionality to be tested, but
        uses direct 'read' in many options, which fails at runtime when
        evaluating the argument, and not when parsing the options
      - Daemon.hs lacks that, but has a much nicer 'reqWithConversion'
        helper that can be used for nicer option parsing, and uses that +
        tryRead instead of plain 'read'
      
      Since this situation is very bad, let's clean it up. We introduce yet
      another module, Common.hs, that holds functionality common to all
      command line programs (daemons or not). We move the parsing to this
      module, and introduce a type class to handle option types which
      support --help/--version. This allows removal of duplicated code from
      CLI.hs and Daemon.hs.
      
      The other part of the patch is cleanup/rework of the tests for this
      code: we introduce some helpers (checkOpt, passFailOpt,
      checkEarlyExit) that can be used from the much-slimmer now tests for
      CLI and Daemon. In the common module, we just test the yes/no helper
      we have. Many new tests for boolean options and numeric options are
      added.
      
      A side change is the removal of the obsolete `--replay-count',
      `--test-size' options (unused since commit 95f6c931
      
      , “Switch Haskell
      test harness to test-framework”).
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      51000365
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Add query filter tests · 90171729
      Iustin Pop authored
      
      
      These tests are node specific only because we don't have other query
      types implemented yet, but what they actually test is the various
      filter types.
      
      The tests are trying to cover most filter functionality; missing for
      now is proper checking for ContainsFilter and TrueFilter, the rest
      should be more or less covered.
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      90171729
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Add some unittests for node queries · b9bdc10e
      Iustin Pop authored
      
      
      These new tests check that:
      
      - no known fields return unknown
      - any unknown field returns unknown
      - the type of the fields is consistent between the getters and the
        field definition
      - the length of each result row corresponds with the number of fields
        queried, and the length of the field definitions returned
      - the length of the rows corresponds to the number of nodes
      - querying fields on empty fields returns all fields
      
      Finally this patch found a bug, in that the pinst_list/sinst_list
      fields were declared as QFTNumber (copy-paste error from
      pinst_cnt/sinst_cnt), yay!
      
      I also changed genEmptyCluster to ensure that it generates unique node
      names, so that the number of result rows is consistent with what we
      requested, and switched ResultEntry from a normal constructor to
      record syntax, so that we can extract the fields without having to use
      pattern matching.
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      b9bdc10e
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Add unittests for the BasicTypes module · 1493a93b
      Iustin Pop authored
      
      
      This adds test properties for the various laws that the instances of
      Result should follow; I could not find (offline) laws about `mappend',
      but otherwise I implemented all laws that I could find.
      
      Note that we have to silence hlint warnings for the things we want to
      test, as otherwise hlint is all "this is already true based on the
      functor law, why 'fmap id' and not just 'id'?".
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      1493a93b
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Move Version.hs up from under HTools/ · 2997cb0a
      Iustin Pop authored
      
      
      This is another module that is generic, and not htools-specific.
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      2997cb0a
    • Iustin Pop's avatar
      Two tiny makefile fixes · 662de722
      Iustin Pop authored
      
      
      During the recent moves and renames, two things have slipped through,
      since I didn't run make check-local…
      Signed-off-by: default avatarIustin Pop <iustin@google.com>
      Reviewed-by: default avatarRené Nussbaumer <rn@google.com>
      662de722
  14. 04 Sep, 2012 13 commits